Story

Monday, April 26, 2010

Bingo!

Ahhh it has been a while and I must apologise for not posting. I have been away for work for a couple of weeks. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Mr Dossier, there is internet everywhere!" I know I know. Anyway, It's a great day, lounging at home on the couch in Suprima's and a Tena maxi. Life is good.

I have been working on building myself a new cabinet for all of my diapers and things. At the moment I have been using a filing cabinet that I picked up from ikea. It works well, it has one large draw that opens to reveal 2 small ones at the top. Its just big enough that I can fit in a couple of full bags of diapers in the filing cabinet section and a few bits and pieces like plastic pants and onesie's in the draws.

Possibly the best thing about the unit is its lock. Now it's not really going to keep a determined person out, but it keeps out my housemates when they are looking for something stupid like sticky tape.

So the design is going to include some draws for general storage and non diaper related stuff. The tricky part is, it's going to have either a secret top section or a secret bottom draw. Anyone have any thoughts? I have been thinking either a long low design, kinds like a buffet or the other design, a tall boy. Pros of the long short design is I can make the whole top flip open to reveal a long shallow hidden space. I could also design it to be used a change table of sorts, but my bed is so close and much more comfortable. The tall boy could have a deeper space but it will be much harder to conceal. I am at odds. Anyone got any ideas or links to sites with cool draw units?

No comments:

Post a Comment