Story

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nappies

Strange how some words or scents seem to trigger, on an emotional level, something from your past. This is not overly common with me but something happened today that made me feel really good. It's a little hard to explain, but essentially, I was doing a re-supply and getting some more pullups and Nappies (normally I would call them diapers but since thats the title of this post and I am Australian, I thought I would go with it :D). I normally purchase online with my supplier because its easy to do when I am laying in bed or when I am getting changed, but I needed to pay off my account so I thought I would call and kill two birds with one stone. I love my supplier, every time I have spoken to someone on the phone they have always been very cheery and helpful. This time, I was ordeing Abena products and everything starts with abri flex or form or something, so I can understand how confusing it can be for call centre staff. It came to the point where the attendant was describing to me the descrition of the product to confim that she was ordering the correct product for me when she asked, "is it the nappy or the pull up?"

Normally this would have been nothing, but there was something about someone saying the word "nappy" to me in the context of an "adult nappy" which was very unusual and comforting. At one point in time I am sure all AB/DL's have kept their love for nappies secret and I am sure some will never get the oppertunity to speak to an attractive sounding woman about adult nappies in any context, be it medical or otherwise. So for some reason it was very comforting to talk to someone about "the nappy style product, not the pull up" without being judged. Don't really know where this story is going, but I guess it really illustrates how isolated life can be sometimes, and although being a DL is a significant part of my life, I hardly ever get to talk to anyone about it. I guess that's why this blog is here! :D

Leave me some comments, I would love to hear your thoughts on similar situations,

No comments:

Post a Comment